inmate Bonding services

O.C.G.A. §17-6-15 provides the Sheriff the authority to establish, publish, and regulate the guidelines and rules for bonding arrested individuals. A criminal bond is a financial guarantee that you will appear for all court appearances until your case concludes or is dismissed. You pay the bail amount, and if you do not show up for court, the court will keep the bail and issue a warrant for your arrest. The purpose of bail is to allow someone accused of a crime to stay out of jail while awaiting trial. To post bond, you must be 18 or older with a valid government issued picture ID. There is a non-refundable bond fee of $20 per each bond written. The bonding options for obtaining release of an individual incarcerated in Jail are as follows:

Cash Bond

To post a cash bond, the full amount of the bond will need to paid via cash, plus the $20 Bond Fee. The full bond amount will be refunded after the final disposition of the case. You may also elect for the cash bond to be used to go towards fines and fees for the Defendant. You must select this option when filling out the bond paperwork.

Debit/Credit Card: If you are unable to come to the Jail to post a cash bond or would like to use a debt or credit card to post a cash bond, you may contact Cash Bond Online, Inc. 24 hours a day at 1-888-726-6301 or visit their website at They will charge a 10% fee on top of the cash bond amount and bond fee.

Property Bond

The equity in property located in Henry County can be used to post a bond. There must be enough clear and unencumbered equity to cover two times the amount of the bond. Only fixed, permanent structures will be included in the value of the property (a mobile home is not considered valued property). To post a property bond, you must have the original Warranty or Security Deed, Quit Claim Deed (if applicable) and a current property tax statement. Providing a copy of your most recent mortgage statement will also assist in the bond process. Every individual listed on the deed(s) or tax statement must be present to sign the bond. In case of the death of a named person on the deed, a certified copy of the death certificate must be presented. If the person you are trying to bond out of jail (the principle) is listed as an owner on the property deed, that property is prohibited from being used as a property bond.

Transfer Property Bond (Out of County Bond)

A transfer bond is an option for individuals who own property in Georgia but outside of Henry County. To obtain a transfer bond, you must take the required documents to the Sheriff’s Office in the county where the property is located. The requestee will prepare the bond and place it in a sealed envelope. The bond should then be delivered to the Henry County Jail to complete the bond process. If the envelope is open or tampered with the bond will not be accepted.

Surety Bond (Professional Bonding Company)

Bond may be posted through the service of state licensed bonding companies. Bonding companies charge a fee between 12-15% to sign onto a bond. This fee is set by statute and is not refundable. Bonding companies must be approved by the Henry County Sheriff.

Approved Bonding Companies

Henry County Sheriff’s Office have approved the following bonding companies:

1st Action Bail Bonding Corporation
537 Industrial Boulevard
McDonough, Georgia 30253
Business Phone: (770) 898-3880

Jam Bonding Company, Inc.
114 Willow Lane
McDonough, Georgia 30253
Business Phone: (770) 477-7865

McDonough Bail Bonds, Inc.
1303 Highway 20 West
McDonough, Georgia 30253
Business Phone: (770) 914-2929

NOTE: The above Bonding Companies are NOT listed in order of preference. The HCSO expresses no preference or recommendation as to which of the approved Bonding Company services to select. They are merely listed in alphabetic order as they would be in the telephone book.